There are so many anti-aging treatments and skincare products that it can be overwhelming and difficult to choose the most effective solution. Two of the most popular advanced skin therapies include Fractional laser and IPL. Both are equally effective skin rejuvenation treatments, but which one you should choose depends on your skin concern.
The biggest difference is the technology use. IPL uses high-intensity light (wavelengths) to heat the skin. IPL uses diffused bursts of high-energy light to penetrate the skin.
Fractional laser is a skin resurfacing technology which uses laser-based energy. This laser can penetrate to the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate the collagen but not damage the skin surface. High precision microbeams treat only a very targeted area.
Benefits of IPL
- Targets: vascular concerns, rejuvenation, redness, pigmentation, fine lines
- Shorter procedure – 30min
- Can be used on the face and body including hands and arms
- Results visible after 2-3 treatments
- Recommended Schedule: 3-6 treatments
- Long-lasting results (with 1-2 maintenance treatments per year)
- Minimal downtime: 1 -2 h
- Pain level: mild discomfort
- Contraindications: sun exposure, pregnancy, epilepsy, photosensitivity, certain medications, steroids
Benefits of Fractional Laser Therapy
- Targets: brown spots/pigmentation, fine lines, enlarged pores, acne scars, stretch marks
- Stimulates new collagen growth
- Treatment can be personalised to suit one’s needs, skin condition and lifestyle
- Results improve over time as more collagen is produced
- Long-lasting results (with maintenance treatment after 2- 3 years)
- Downtime: depends on the intensity of the treatment (can take 5- 14 days)
- Pain level: can be painful
- 4 to 6 sessions may be required depending on the skin concern
Note: Treatment results may vary from person to person according to individual experience and the condition being treated.
If you are not sure which treatment to choose, talk to our advanced skin therapist who will determine the most effective solution for your needs.